Welcome to Year 1!
My name is Miss Riding and I am the class teacher. We also have Mrs Walsh and Mrs Heston-King in our class to help us learn.
The Year 1 staff team are looking forward to sharing all the children's learning taking place inside and outside the Year 1 classroom over the year. Be sure to look at our 'Our Learning tab' to keep up to to date with learning that is taking place.
Year 1 Reminders
- Children will be able to visit the library one afternoon a week.
- Please read at home with your child as much as possible. At least 3 times a week.
- Each week children need to practice spellings for a word quiz carried out on Friday afternoon.
- Children will receive Phonics Home Learning twice a week.
- Please provide wellies for our weekly outdoor learning. Wellies need to be clearly labelled with your child's name. If your child provided wellies in EFYS they have been passed up and are ready to be used in Year 1.
- PE is on Monday and Thursday. Children will need to wear their sports kits to school on these days.