Welcome to Year 1!
My name is Miss Riding and I am the class teacher. We also have Mrs Fenwick and Mr Hassey in our class to help us learn.
The Year 1 staff team are looking forward to sharing all the children's learning taking place inside and outside the Year 1 classroom over the year. Be sure to look at our 'Our Learning tab' and your child's SEESAW account to keep up to to date with learning that is taking place.
Year 1 Reminders
- Children will receive a home reader each Monday, this will need to be returned to school each Friday. Please read at home with your child as much as possible.
- Children will bring home a book from our class library each Friday to enjoy over the weekend!
- Each week children need to practice spellings for a word quiz carried out on Friday afternoon.
- Children will receive Phonics Home Learning once a week.
- You will need to provide waterproof clothing and wellies for your child. These should be clearly labelled with your child's initials/name. We will keep your child's waterproof clothing and wellies in school to be used for our Outdoor Learning!
- PE is on Monday and Wednesday. Children will need to wear their sports kits to school on these days.